We've finally taken our model's into zBrush. I'm starting to get the hang of the program and I'm beginning to really like it. I really don't like starting from scratch, but I like starting from a base model. Now the challenge is to get the model to look like me. After I finish the minor details that will make it look like me, I will go in with skin textures to get it look realistic.
Here is my final version of my first project in Motion Graphics. I was having trouble uploading this, so it took me a week to get this up. I may revisit this and actually finish the song, because we only needed 20 - 40 seconds of video and I had 55 seconds without the title slate. I may have gone a little overboard with different fonts, so if I re-work it I might compress the number of different fonts I am using.
So real quick here is a 450 line of code project I had to do for Interactive Design. I used a picture of my cat and "cut" it into 16 different pieces. Then I created 16 squares and positioned them on top of the big picture of Frickle. When a "puzzle piece" is dragged on top of it's respective square both disappears and it gives this illusion of the piece "snapping" into place. This took a big headache to finish, but it is done and turned out pretty cool!
So I finished the base model, and now as a class we are moving onto zBrush! When we bring our model's to zBrush we will be adding more detail and making our models look like ourselves. I am super excited to start diving into zBrush because I love to sculpt and I can't wait to learn how to digitally! Anyway enjoy!
Here is a screenshot of my project, which has about 40 layers and there is only about 20 seconds finished. The only part I don't like all that much is the line "One step..." cause I don't like the prints, so I may have to change that. I love the heels I did in illustrator though (pictured above). I am not going to do the whole song, I'm only going to do the first verse, so about 58 seconds.