Monday, September 17, 2012

Project Hiroshi Hayakawa -Post 4-

Complete 180...

Rudy
     I completely 180'ed my project. Last week I had decided I was going to do the Victorian time idea, but I had a euphoria moment. I want to do the pet idea, but instead of drawing them in an environment I'm going to sculpt them! Personally, I love sculpting and am so excited about this project now. 
     Honestly, if I could just sculpt all day, I'd be the happiest person ever. Anyway for the project so far I only have one of the three I'm going to sculpt, finished. Of course it's Rudy, because he's my oldest dog (16) so he gets to go first. 




      Also I wanted to mention that this is my first time using Sculpey, I can see why people use it a lot. It has a lot of pros and cons. The fact that it doesn't dry is really nice, but also a curse because it messes and imprints so easily. But the post-sculpting part is so much easier than stoneware or any other kiln type clay.
Final Pallet 


Thanks for reading,
     MELANIE S. MESCHER


No comments:

Post a Comment